Lossless Blu Ray Playback for Mac users
Is lossless 1080p blu ray playback on a Mac possible? Well if Pavtube Studio has anything to do with it, which they do, then their new ByteCopy for Mac will fill the need. This slick little app gives Mac users an easy way to get Blu Ray movie content onto their hard drives for playback with iTunes or other playback software. The way the software works is by ripping Blu Ray or DVD movies into .mkv format. The .mkv format is a container for HD audio and video retaining full 1080p HD video and Dolby TrueHD or 5.1 surround sound.
In addition to being able to rip blu ray content you can also strip out the PGS subtitles for playback from the Mac or burned onto blank BD or DVD discs thus preserving lossless video. Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac offers a very friendly user interface that is easy on the eyes. Using the software is simple as well. Featuring a simple 2 click operation to either make a bit for bit copy or to copy to hard disc.
Key features of Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac:
– Crack DVD and Blu-ray Disc copy-protections and create lossless BD/DVD backup with all contents included;
– Backup BD/DVD movie to Mac HDD with desired titles, chapters, audio tracks and subtitle streams only;
– Copy Blu-ray Disc and DVD to flawless MKV as fast as your drive can read;
– Keep original BD/DVD chapter markers and HD audio up to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA 7.1;
– Compress of video stream while still keeping original HD audio tracks, or down convert HD audio with original 1080p video.
– Transcode Blu-ray/DVD video contents to H.264, VC-1, MPEG4, MPEG-TS, MPEG-2 and Xvid.
To try ByteCopy for yourself download it here.